Hooray….finally Belgian Waffle Maker, great kitchen gadget arrived! After first batch we were very impressed. Waffles came out fantastic, crisp outside, perfectly textured inside. No spilling, sticking and breakfast or brunch will be done, every time super quick.
We did research and decided to go with Oster® Flip Belgian Waffle Maker model 3874
– “Flip” operation for evenly cooked waffles
– Rotary feature spreads batter and ensures even baking on both sides
– Adjustable temperature control for light and fluffy or crispy waffles
– Cool touch handle with release for compact storage
– Removable drip tray included for easy clean up
– Space-saving, vertical compact design for efficient storage
Homemade Belgian Waffle Mix for Chunky Amazing Waffles
Makes 8 Whole Waffles
2 cups pastry flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large brown eggs
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups non-fat milk
1 orange for zest and juice
1 cup chocolate chips
1 pack fresh strawberries
organic raw blue agave syrup, optional
non-stick baking spray
Our waffle station:)
Preheat the waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions. In a medium bowl sift together flour and salt.
Using stand mixer with whisk attachment beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
In another bowl mix yolks and sugar until pale yellow color. Add vanilla sugar, butter, milk, orange zest and juice from the orange and whisk to combine. Combine the egg-milk mixture with the flour mixture and whisk slowly, just a little bit.
Using silicon spatula gently fold the egg whites into waffle batter.
Do not over mix.
Coat the waffle iron pan with cooking spray, pour the batter into iron just to cover waffle grid.
Drizzle chocolate chips over waffle mix if you prefer.
Cook for 2-3 minutes each side, flip the cooking grid in between.
Transfer golden waffles on the cooling wire.
We love to add fresh sliced strawberries on top and drizzle of Agave syrup. Sometimes even whip cream sound like a super yummy idea:)
And there it is, great , fun breakfast or any meal in between.
Kids love it, adults adore it. Varieties and toppings are endless.
Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Blue Agave is a natural sweetener extracted from the core of the Blue Agave plant.
– Sweet, mild nectar is 25% sweeter than sugar (so more is less!)
– A perfect multi-purpose sweetener for beverages, fresh fruit and general table-top use
– Glycemic index of 39 or less
– It is certified Organic and GMO-Free